- Assist with the development, implementation and management of the NELA social media strategy
- Help define NELA’s most important social media KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), and track and measure the success of social media campaigns
- Maintain a current list of all social media account information including platform, password and other pertinent information
- Manage and maintain the social media portion of the NELA Editorial Calendar, and facilitate the creation and curation of content on networks such as Facebook, Twitter, FetLife, Instagram, etc.
- Respond to followers as appropriate and bring to the attention of the Director of Communications and/or the Board any posts which may require a coordinated response, responding with professionalism, respect, and patience in every interaction
- Communicate with kink educators and influencers via social media to create a strong network and help build and maintain relationships
- Work with the Director of Communications and Art Coordinator to ensure content is informative and appealing
- Keep abreast of the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Provide constructive feedback on areas of improvement
- Current NELA Associate (or willing to renew)
- Familiar with NELA’s mission
- Ability to work both on a team and as an individual contributor
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with multiple social media platforms
- Optional: Experience with social media automation tools such as Buffer, HootSuite, CoSchedule, etc.
- Optional: Experience with WordPress and/or similar CMS platforms.
Minimum Time Commitment
- Approximately 2-3 hours per week making and responding to posts on various social media platforms although this will increase around major NELA events
- Attendance at NELA events as desired to provide social media coverage, including but not limited to PRIDE events throughout New England, Fetish Fair Fleamarket events, and annual Associates’ meeting
Length of Term
- 2 Years
- Term: April 1* – March 31
*Or upon induction to office